Bodegas Norton came to town for dinner at Bb33 Bistro + Brasserie at the Delta Chelsea, I’ve got food pictures of some amazing dishes presented to us by the chef, whose name I did not catch, which he paired with 5 Norton wines.
Diego Surazsky, from Norton led us through a quick presentation about Argentina and its wines, telling us some interesting facts about Argentina, like it’s the 5th largest producer of wine in the world; Argentineans consume 30L of wine per person per year (“my wife does not drink so I have to have 60 to make up for her”); and they consume 60% of their own output – leaving 40% for export. Specifics about Norton included: they produce 12 million bottles a year and they export into 60 countries. Bodegas Norton was established in 1895.
Top three Norton wines of the evening – not surprisingly they’re the reds (Read my wine picks and see the pictures):
|< Prev||Next >|