Reviews

Creekside 2007 Reserve Sauvignon Blanc
This is not your typical Sauvignon Blanc, so get those grapefruit and citrus acidity thoughts out of your head. This is a Sauvignon Blanc in the Fume style, which means it is made using oak, and in this case a generous helping of oak. These Sauvignon Blanc grapes were barrel fermented for 2 months then 40% went into stainless steel, while the other 60% was aged 9 months in French wood - of which 50% was new ... not the usual percentage of new found in this Creekside classic, but because of the vintage the grapes got an extra helping of wood because, "they could take it". The nose is vanilla and sweet grass while the palate is vanilla-grass with a touch of sweet caramelized oak ... this wine's unusual, different and very tasty. Price: $26.95 - Rating: **** 1/2
2007
White
Sauvignon Blanc
4.5
$26.95
Canada
Ontario
Niagara Peninsula
Available at the winery
http://www.creeksidewine.com
2011-06-01

Get Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Follow Us on Social Media

Facebook Pinterest Twitter Instagram YouTube Google+ tumblr